Posts people look at the most

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dear Mr. Zacharias...



Here I think I know. 
Here I think I show.
All that I learned. 
All that I have yearned. 
Will mean nothing on the opposite side. 
Will do nothing but reside. 

When every eye looks. 
No one will turn to their books. 
When every ear hears. 
No one will listen to his ears
When every hand is raised. 
No one will be called the crazed. 

Though every man bow.
And every woman shout. 
The door will remain small. 
And the hole remain wide. 
And every saint that perished.
Will no longer be famished. 



Mr. Zacharias, as I am writing this I lie in confusion and indecisivness. Wondering if this shy, boy can have the courage to place this in your hands. Please, do not show this to anyone. I do not wish to be rememmberd and praised. Talked about, or written of. I write this to tell you that every letter that you have written shaped my inner being. With my frozen soul there needed a man with a bright enough torch to burn the encrustations of my heart. As I grew up in a home with the name of Christ being taught. I became numb to him. Never actually feeling his warmth, or seeing his hands. Every word you have utterd broke my heart. I came to know Christ. I am walking with him closer the ever before. And every day his tug on my soul becomes harder and harder. As I walk into a school where his words are hollow, you remind me his name is golden. As I stare into the void of senseless thought you remind me of his whispers in my ear. When I heard that you were coming to my area. My eyes welled up with tears of joy. It was as if the healer of my broken mind was drawing near. I do not wish to idolize you. I very well know the danger of that. What I want you to know is that God put you here in the infancy of my salvation. I have no money to give but this poem. I wrote it among many others after hearing your sermons. I wish I could give you more. Your ministry is a beacon among the darkness of society. And as I close this, I wish to thank you one more time for everything you have ever done to me. And if God has spoken to me in any way it is in this way; to encourage a man whos meekness if soul, and humble heart can shatter the shambled and scattered peices of a broken society. A man who's torch will never go dim. And who's faith will never fade away.



No comments:

Post a Comment