Posts people look at the most

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Order in the most ordinary


Order in the Ordinary:
 - NathanMaciel

It’s kind of difficult to put a definition on something as general as art. It spans thousands of concepts of craftsmanship that go across the annals of history. It would take years and essays upon mindless essays and we would come to a simple conclusion that everyone already knows. Art is subjective. It varies differently from person to person, and never has a definitive face or object.  But the word Artist is not the same. An Artist is a person that practices and creates art. And although we can’t put a single face on what he creates we can analyze the creator. 

I’m wondering how selfish it would be to say that I’m an artist. I don’t like putting titles on things. And since nothing by man is absolute and I don’t like pretending it is. My families on my dad’s side are insane intellectuals. They span across very different art forms but all have a constant in the way they speak and live. They all see things other people don’t. I personally think I’ve adopted this curse, slightly against my will. When everybody else mocks a movie for being too boring and repetitive, I see patterns. When people hear a song that is hollow I see symbols. When people frustrate themselves with a difficult artistic craft I recognize the purpose and see it out. At a time I would of loved just to drop a boring book, but couldn’t, just beacause I saw something.

 Another constant is that they all have issues with their sanity. Take Van Gogh for example. Whether or not you believe he already had the disease, it’s no doubt his artistic vision did not aid his insanity. Michelangelo, Edvard Munch , and Louis Wain are just some of the examples of people that suffered from mental conditions.

These men and women were at their core artists. People who sought for something more that the world could not offer them. They saw things that other people didn’t and were therefore tormented. I could think of many more examples but this is beside the point. What I’m trying to say is that defining an artist is much simpler and possible then defining art, and knowing the creator is much easier then discovering the creation

Life is not his way…

The creation is very evident. Where we are placed and What we see is a very simple question to answer. Hell, look outside. There you have it earth, man’s greatest mystery. Why we see it is what puzzles.  A purpose to the art drives man to think harder than ever before.
If you walked into a forest and saw a beautiful fine art landscape canvas hung on a rotting tree, you would ask why First not what.

Why would such a talented artist place a work of art amidst the rotting woods of the forest? A man asks why but never should he look at the art and say it came by chance and simple beginnings. It simply does not happen and shouldn’t even count as a human thought unless you were deliberately imagining a world without the artist. The same analogy can be applied to the “Christian God.

No comments:

Post a Comment